Translate

Follow Us

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Thursday August 17th, 2006

Boy have the past 3 days been busy!

We still have alot to do but everyday I see more & more progress :)

This week we have been working on the September class calendar, making samples, ordering
more product, meeting with reps, adding more items to the die cut center and decorating a little here & there. We have a ton of cool classes and make & takes coming up September-December.

Today I picked up some really cute glass and metal accent containers (patio pizzazz items marked 70% off at Michaels). They are in nice bright tones of pink, orange and lime. I got 2 really cute ones for the coffee central area and 2 really cute mini 3 bottle metal holders for the shelves in the die cute center. I filled the ones in the die cut center with buttons for colorful accents. I still havent gotten the sewing machine/cricut area like I want it. Not sure what to
do back there. DS Jonathan won't believe that I may need yet more bookcases....

I have looked all over for the tall skinny shelves to go in between the sections of slatwall to
display altered samples but I cant find just what I want for that either. Tommorrow I am going to check out Bed Bath & Beyond and Linens and Things.

Our crops are really starting to take off. Saturday night we already have 6 presigned up for our 6-12mid dinner crop. Gotta figure out what to serve for dinner for that one. We had pizza last Saturday and I know alot of gals cropped at Archivers and has lasagna so I am thinking maybe
Zaxby's. Tommorrow night (Friday we have 3 and just a while ago a teacher stopped in and said she thought her and her daughter would be coming) I picked up some really cute tin buckets
at Hobby Lobby (super clearanced) to fill for goodie bags and we will give away another Crop&Glue canvas tote bag filled with goodies to one cropper.

Still no new CHA product in. I did talk to Autumn Leaves yesterday and they dont have the product in their warehouse yet and figure it will be 2 weeks from yesterday for shipping.
I have 3 complete lines coming, plus the TYPE book and some acrylic stamps that I am anxious to try ...They said the new LOOK book wont be out for about another month... Still waiting on Creative Imaginations, K*1, Sandylion, Bo Bunny and a few more companies also.

I am going to have another sale this Fri, Sat & Sun to clearance out more of the pattern papers
so we have more room for the new goodies. All pattern papers at the front of the store will be
10 sheets for $1.00......The albums remain 50% off retail and most everything else is 20%-50% off. The Kaleidoscope line in the spinner at the front of the store will be 50% off also.

Boy I just noticed the time. It's 7:05pm and we have been closed for an hour and there is still
a local teacher using the die cut machines...She is doing some serious cutting :)

Time for me to get things ready to close up and head home when she's done. Maybe I will stop by a few places on the way home and look for those shelves I want but I will have to make a pit stop for some Dunkin Donuts Coffee first... :)

3 comments:

Jennifer Stewart said...

Dang, I wish I could come shop and hang out! So glad things are going well Susan! :)

Jen

Shirley said...

Can't wait to stop by again! Maybe Ikea even though it's a trek?

alecia*grimm said...

I can't wait to come back up there. I'll be over as soon as some of your new stuff starts arriving. It's good to hear that things are going well at the store. Talk to you soon!