Translate

Follow Us

Friday, August 11, 2006

Friday August 11th, 2006

Boy what a busy day today was.... We had alot of visitors and a ton of phone calls about the cropping area. Several people commented that they love the table and all the toys. We have 6 definates for tommorrow night's dinner crop and 3 gals want to come but may have to call in and reserve later tommorrow afternoon if they can work it out. I added a few more zip'e'mate fonts to the cropping area shelves today and actually had to send poor Karen who works for me out to get 2 more shelves for the cropping area and 2 more for the office. I decided to add more foam stamp fonts back in the die center also :) I know so many people like to use them but just can buy and store all these toys at their homes. I just love asking her to go out shopping she comes back with all kinds of things we need. Today I sent her for the shelves and she calls and says she found a cute coffee table for upfront in the Idea Lounge Sofa area that will hold lots of idea mags and books...Then she found the individual table trash cans I wanted small..rectangle and skinny...Then the right stripe material for the window valances... and comes back with everything and a pick-me-up cup of coffee for me :) I am still trying to figure out the Cricut and sewing machine area to the side of the die cut counter..Just cant get it lined up how I want and I think I am gonna need 2 more shelves for it tommorrow.. hhgregg finally delivered the right frig today..I wanted a slim skinny one so that the Armoire would fit in the corner to hold all the crop snacks, coffee mugs etc. (putting the tv & dvd on top)...But the darn guy didnt level it correctly ..I tried but cant get the little disc things to budge...I should have known I was in trouble when they guy came in walked around and said what exactly did you order....I told him a skinny model frig...He thought I was getting a dryer :)there's a new concept a wash & fold LSS....No new shipments today....:( I am getting a little impatient.....Having been in retail for years and years I know how important new shipments are and how not having them so disappoints customers and possibly loses them :( But sure something will come in soon...I did receive and nice phone call and the a surprise package from a new local company. Crop & Glue...the owner had heard about the store and called me from his vacation in Hiltn Head. He was very nice and sent a rep over with cute canvas totes in lime and pink for giveaways for the preopening sale this weekend along with goodie bags of the different types of his products and some trial packs for us. It was such a wonderful treat and I really like the product and will be carrying it :) I am filling one of the totes with all kinds of goodies and having a draw at tommorrow nights crop...Karen was eyeing the lime green one and with everything that she has done for me thru all the construction etc (not to mention being a wonderful friend for many years) I told her she was my pre-pre-opening winner :) Well I have a ton of samples to plan...classes to plan ...work on the coffee make and takes for September...and maybe get a little sleep before I head out at 7am in the am.. so I will close this post for the night.... :)

No comments: