Translate

Follow Us

Thursday, August 12, 2010

All Summer 2010 CHA My Mind's Eye Releases Are Here After Taking A Scenic Route Thru Atlanta

All the boxes of new MME goodies which includes
Lost & Found
Blackbird
Haunted
I Believe
Holly Jolly
Alphabet Soup Boy & Girl


are checked in and out in the
store and of course since it involved me it has to have a crazy story.
Those who know me this will give you a chuckle..since you
can probably picture me in the scenario :)

All boxes were out for delivery as of 4:55am..Yea no missing boxes..
no trail derailment this time..Awesome...

Regular UPS guy comes 10am...goes..no mme boxes...

Regular UPS guy comes thru center again at
4pm..nope..nothing.. heading to get back on truck...
I think the way we chased out in the parking lot
after him scared him a little. We have to
break him in like we did George the past 4 years.

Different UPS guys comes 4:15...goes...nothing

I call UPS 1,2,3,4 times during the day...I tell them
that our regular guy has come and gone in the center
twice today. I explained that I noticed on the tracking
the address reads **roate** not road but the street number..street
name...town..zip..etc are all correct. Of course they
cant do a thing since tracking says it is on a truck
out for delivery. They say **roate** should not matter. Then
they explain well maybe since it is
8 boxes it would not fit on the regular ups guy's truck.
nope plenty of room he says...I keep checking tracking for
updates cause I know that ole EXEMPTION CODE is coming any
minute now. Sure enough 5:15pm there it is. All boxes
sent back to UPS hub stating wrong address...After a few quick
calls and some major venting..I am told I can come to the hub
till 7pm tonight and pick them up or possible reschedule
delivery tomorrow...ummmmmmmmmmm no thank you..I have a bad
feeling about doing that.....Customer
service assures me boxes are there at the hub and they are
expecting me...I confirmed twice..Are you sure they
are back there??? Because I tell her I will be royally ticked if I get
there and the boxes are not there..Yes mam they are here
waiting on you...Suzy who was helping me today says she will
go along for the ride since I have no clue where I am going.
As we are leaving my cell rings..Strange number...Well it's
UPS dispatch..My boxes are not at the hub..they are on another
driver's truck who will meet me at a near by center...So off we
go for a side of the road UPS delivery of all 8 boxes. Thankfully
the dispatch gal went above and beyond in helping me tonight.
If I had driven all the way to the hub and found out the 8 boxes
were out on a truck somewhere Suzy would have seen a new side of me :)
Between the 2 of us we checked it all in (100's)of pieces
and got it all out in just over an hour. I will post some
neat layout ideas I have seen and from CHA tomorrow or over
the weekend. Wait till you gals see these goodies in person
they are terrific. We will also be having a layout contest which I will
post details about over the weekend also. For now this gal is crashing :)




1 comment:

phamil said...

Holy Cow!!! Had to laugh, yep, Suzy would never be the same!!! LOL! This could only happen to you! Seriously, I really am sorry, but glad you got it!!!