Translate

Follow Us

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

CHA Pre-Show Class With Teresa Collins Monday July 26th 2010

We had a blast meeting and creating with Teresa Collins tonight.
She is by far one of the most genuine people in the scrapping
business I have met. She remembered seeing pictures of a mini album
Jen created months ago and I shared some more pictures with her
after the class. She had the nicest comments about the books Jen designs.

Of course with the 4 of us it involved many laughs even getting there.
We are staying at the Hyatt, Teresa's class was at the Marriott which
the server at the bar said was half a mile away. So instead of waiting
for the valet to get the car and driving there. We decide the temp is
nice out (10 degrees less than Atlanta) we will walk the 1/2 mile. Yes well
it involved me so it cant be so simple.... We start walking
...hummm are we heading the correct direction????....the server said right 1/2 mile...Well after Maggie running down the sidewalk checking street signs
at the intersection to make sure we are going the right direction,
us walking a good bit, I see the Marriott in the distance...definately
not a 1/2 mile and the event starts in 10 minutes. Thankfully I also see a taxi close by...We all run...jumped into the taxi and get to the event just in time
to get started. Everyone had a pizza box of goodies from one of Teresa Collins new Celebrate Paper Collections & Embellishments sitting at their place along with Yummy punch, chocolates and cute cupcakes. The project was a cute mini album
using the papers, embellies, new stamps, fabric twirled flowers and more.

She had a work station set up with her new Stamp Machine and we all went up and took turns watching demos on how to make stamps, stencils, embossing plates, necklaces and more. It is a very neat little machine and I cant wait to get my hands on one to play with back home.

We saw all 4 new paper lines, stamps etc and my favorite has the be the Christmas line. I love love love it. She used the thicker weight papers for this line and the usual weight for the girl, gratitude and celebrate lines. We will be getting all the papers, stamps, blingage and the machine. The collections will be shipping
the 4th-5th of August :)

I took a ton of pics but will post just a few for now. This gal is one tired
gal and the show fun starts at 7am for me :) On the list for tomorrow
ordering from Teresa, Pink Paislee, My Mind's Eye, Crate Paper, Echo Park, Websters,
Graphic 45 and a few others. I will post pics from all the booths late tomorrow night.



No comments: